Thursday, May 21, 2026
78.9 F
Peshawar

Where Information Sparks Brilliance

HomeSportsWWE star accused of beating up man after allegedly being called out...

WWE star accused of beating up man after allegedly being called out for ‘aggressively kissing’ woman: report


NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Details in the arrest of Marcel Barthel, the WWE star known for his work as Ludwig Kaiser and El Grande Americano, came to light on Thursday hours after his arrest in Florida.

Barthel, 35, was arrested on a misdemeanor battery charge on Wednesday, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by Fox News Digital. He was booked into the Orange County Jail and released on $1,000, according to online records.

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

Marcel Barthel, known as Ludwig Kaiser, was arrested on a battery charge. (Orange County Corrections Department)

The incident occurred back in April as authorities said the alleged victim reported being attacked in an elevator of an apartment complex, FOX 35 Orlando reported, citing arrest records. The alleged victim told officials that Barthel and a woman followed him into an elevator and were “aggressively kissing” in an “uncontrollably intimate” manner.

The alleged victim told the couple to show “some manners” when Barthel was accused of hitting him and pushing him to the ground, according to authorities. An arrest warrant was later filed and Barthel turned himself in to police.

Fox News Digital reached out to WWE for comment.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

Ludwig Kaiser walking to the ring at Rogers Arena in Vancouver

Ludwig Kaiser makes his way to the ring during WWE Survivor Series: War Games at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, Canada, on Nov. 30, 2024. (WWE/Getty Images)

Barthel’s attorneys filed a motion Wednesday to allow the wrestler to travel outside the country for work purposes, according to multiple reports.

Barthel, who was born in Germany, joined the company in 2017 after time in Westside Xtreme Wrestling and Progress Wrestling. He was a part of the Imperium faction with Gunther as the leader and Fabian Aichner, who was later rebranded as Giovanni Vinci before he was released.

“Kaiser established himself as one of the German independent wrestling scene’s brightest prospects,” his WWE profile read. “He joined the WWE Performance Center in summer 2017 and made his WWE Network debut a year later on NXT.

“Kaiser has since proven to be a true mat magician, as well as a no-nonsense competitor. With the posture of a steel pole and a facial expression that rarely deviates from the stern setting, Kaiser is practically unflappable — though on the rare occasion that he does lose his cool, he’s quick to let his opponents know by defiantly screaming ‘nein’ in their face. His ring excellence soon led to him aligning with the imposing Imperium faction with two NXT Tag Team Championship reigns under his belt.”

He performed as Ludwig Kaiser before his character was repackaged as El Grande Americano when Chad Gable was injured. Since Gable returned, he was repackaged as the Original El Grande Americano and started to feud with Barthel’s El Grande Americano gimmick.

Ludwig Kaiser speaking into a microphone at WWE Friday Night SmackDown in Berlin

Ludwig Kaiser speaks into a microphone during WWE Friday Night SmackDown at Uber Arena in Berlin, Germany, on Aug. 30, 2024. (WWE/Getty Images)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Since then, he’s performed at Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide. El Grande Americano and Original El Grande Americano are set for an end to their heated rivalry with a mask vs. mask match at Noche de Los Grandes on May 30.



Source link

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

 

Recent Comments