Celine Dion, opened up about her health struggles in a recent media appearance as she prepares to perform on a five week Paris run next month.
The Grammy-winning singer, Dion, 58, made an appearance on Harper’s Bazaar and spoke at length about her struggle with stiff-syndrome.
Dion, was diagnosed with stiff-person syndrome in 2022, provided an update on Tuesday, August 18.
Dion told Harper’s Bazaar she had been experiencing symptoms for 17 years.
“This year, I’m getting the best birthday gift of my life. I’m getting the chance to see you, top perform for you,” Dion said.
“It’s been so long, I would like to offer them something to show how I’ve missed them,” she added.
The My Heat Will Go On singer first revealed plans for her Paris resisdency in March, and labelled it as a birthday gift to herself.
“This yearm I’m getting the best birthday gift,” Dion said at the time.
Dion, last time dazzle the stage at the 2024 Paris Olumpics, only once in the last six years.
Her scheduled residency is set to begin on September 12, marking a milestone moment in her humming career after scary health battle, that halted her plans for 2023 European Courage World Tour.
For the unversed, Stiff-person syndrome is a rare neurological disorder trhat can impact muscle stiffness and spasms and described as an autoimmune condition, per National Institutes of Health.
The disorder can trigger symptoms such as rigidity, and stiffness of certain areas of the body resulting in a loss of balance, and mobility issues.

